Monday, July 20, 2009

Book Club!

Hai,

I'd like to quickly transcribe an excerpt from a book I just finished called "My Horizontal Life, A Collection of One Night Stands" By Chelsea Handler. This little portion really hit home with me. If you've ever drank with me, you'll know why. A thank you to the great Chelsea Rauch for the lend.

"It was Valentines Day and I had spent the day in bed with my life partner, Ketel One. The two of us watched a romantic movie marathon on TBS Superstation that made me wonder how people who write romantic comedies can sleep at night.
At some point during almost every romantic comedy, the female lead suddenly trips and falls, stumbling helplessly over something ridiculous like a leaf, and then some Matthew McConaughey type either whips around the corner just in the nick of time to save her or is clumsily pulled down along with her. That event predictably leads to the magical moment of their first kiss. Please. I fall all the time. You know who comes and gets me? The bouncer."

2 comments:

CToTheRock said...

First of all: You're welcome!

Second: Yes, you do fall ALL the time. Except in your case, usually no one picks you up. We usually just laugh.

Third: I was thisclose to buying some Ketel One this weekend. But i didnt. Next time i will though. I want to see if it would like to become my new life partner. Grey Goose had been being kind of a bitch lately. Same with Stoli. Whores.

Anonymous said...

Date: Sept 8, 2007
Text from Adam to Angie: Ummmmm, Anne is on the floor outside the back door of the Alley... help.

Ang!