Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Did I say I was going to start posting again?

Ughhh. I'm terrible!
I could write many excuses, but I know you won't have it.

So... let's write for a couple minutes. (We're talking quantity over quality here)

Some religious dudes just came to my door. They asked me if I knew about heaven and if there is a heaven, how to get in. I said I'm pretty sure I'm on the guest list for rock and roll heaven, but you better give me those pamphlets anyway. Actually, there was just some polite yabber and I took 2 magazines so they would leave. One is called "Awake!" and the teaser articles on the front are "Is Divorce the Answer?", as well as "Also: Is belief in God reasonable?"
The second mag is called "The Watchtower - Announcing Jehova's Kingdom" It only has one article listed on the front, and it's a real doozy : "Do All Good People Go To Heaven?"
Without reading any of these articles I know the "answers" to all of them. And, yes children, the answers involve a lot of quotation marks and conversions. I hate how all of these questions are answered with no hesitation by the bible. Well, in this chapter, it says this, so we can infer that this is the answer IRREVOCABLY WITH NO ARGUMENTS. Problem is - you can get the bible to say pretty much whatever you want if you pull out the right passages... and the new testament was put together by a bunch of Roman dudes who decided how they wanted Jesus to be viewed so they could bring their empire closer together. I mean, if you're into God - awesome. But, I think most Christians realize that the bible is not meant to be taken literally word for word. Otherwise... Adam and Eve's babies incested it up - which the bible also condemns... so... slippery slope.
I've read one Jehovah's Witness mag before and they had a big spread on what god loves and we should love and what god hates and we should hate and I think the hate thing is what broke my back. (I'm a camel) Anyway... yadda yadda yadda... shouldn't talk religion.
Anyway - that's a peek into my day. I also bought a 5 dollar cupcake to support Haiti. Students keep selling baked goods for Haiti and I keep buying them, thinking it's a great excuse to eat poorly. Which it is... but I need to stop. It was a Crave Cupcake and it was mounded with icing and it was so rich and moist and amazing... but now I'll skip breakfast. Oy vey. Isn't my life just the hardest? I want to smack myself sometimes. Anyway - workie workie.

1 comment:

karmap0lice said...

Stupid spam comments. I changed the settings so this shouldn't happen. Thank you for the concern and gifts.