Monday, March 22, 2010

K. My trip to the Doctor's office.

Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess.  Me.  Anne.  Anne Baxter is my name.  I was driving my Sunfire, Phyllis, by Thorncliff Medical Centre and saw a sign advertising a new doctor taking patients.  I got an appointment and the doc sent me on a fasting quest to the mystical forest of blood and urine samples.  When I returned, the doc went through my results...

"Well, Annie, looks good and good and... hey, do you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables?"


"Yeah... the thing is, your potassium level looks high here.  I'm going to get you to stop eating fruits and vegetables."

"Even vegetables?" (This was literally what I said.)










"Fresh ones especially."








"Uhhh, Doc, the thing is... I'm vegetarian."







"Go to the mystical forest again Friday.  Come back Monday."








"Until then stay away from potassium!  I'm a doctor!"





So... looking into potassium levels further, it appears almost everything I love is choc full of it.  But you know what doesn't have a ton of potassium?  No, really... do you?  

3 comments:

CToTheRock said...

I wish my doctor would tell me to stop eating vegetables.

"Chelsea, we're going to need you to slow down on all the healthy eating you've been doing. And also the running and pilates. It will kill you."

karmap0lice said...

I'm going to prescribe you some cigarettes as well.

Blogger said...

you peed in cups and didn't tell me? I kind of figured that would be an integral part of our text life.